Are you currently looking for some job that promise a great career in the future? South African Qualifications Authority, or better known as SAQA can be a great organization where you can join to experience SAQA learnership career. SAQA consists of twenty nine members chosen by Minister of Education after consulting with Minister of Labor. The function of this statutory body is to supervise the implementation and development of NQF or National Qualifications Framework. NQF is a structure that sets the guidelines, boundaries, and principle that deliver an organizational arrangement, a vision, and a philosophical foundation to build a system of qualifications. Detailed implementation and development is done within these limitations. Every training and education within South Africa is in line with this framework. There are 10 levels in NQF and it is consist of three band, level one to four are equal to high school grades nine to twelve or vocational training, level five to six are equal to technical qualifications and college diploma, and seven to ten are equal to university degrees.
The nominations of the members should be invited by the Minister and they should be either a part of organizations that represent development interests and community, organizations that are involved in training and education, organized business, professional bodies, organized labor, or individuals that are involved in training and education. SAQA has the purposes to organize sub-frameworks, improve the purposes of NQF, and supervise further implementation and development of NQF. SAQA should complete its functions depending on NQF Act 67 of 2008 and supervise the application of NQF, and guarantee the accomplishment of its goals.
For those of you who want to see this CAREER and LEARNERSHIP, you can click website below
Apply SAQA Career and Learnership Programme
For those of you who want to see all CAREER and LEARNERSHIPS
Careers South Africa
To accomplish the goals of NQF, Quality Councils are supposed to perform the following activities, such as:
- Suggesting qualifications of some part of qualifications to the SAQA for the sake of registrations.
- Doing their functions according to the law that established QC and the NQF Act 67 of 2008.
- Ensuring the improvement of part qualifications or qualifications that are important to their sectors. It can includes proper measures for evaluation of the learning achievement.
- Managing and developing sub-frameworks and creating recommendations to Minister.
The role of SAQA in the achievement of NQF’s goals are listed below:
- Developing criteria and policy, after consulting with Quality Councils, for recognition and assessment before learning, transfer, and credit accumulation.
- Developing and implementing criteria and policy after consulting with QCs for publication, development, and registration of part qualifications and qualifications, which have to include requirements such as: distinct nomenclature of qualification types for every sub-framework that is in line with international practices and related sub-framework, and the related sub-framework should be recognized in any documents relevant to publication and registration of a part qualification and qualification.
- Registering a part qualification or qualification that is suggested by QC if the related criteria are fulfilled.
To give a better understanding about the activities that you may encounter once you start your SAQA careers, the following list will described the main activities of SAQA:
- Maintaining National Learners’ Records Database, an electronic system for information management that records every related information on the accomplishment of learners from South Africa
- Maintaining a system to set internationally comparable and nationally recognized training and education qualifications and standards from Level one of NQF to level 8.
- Maintaining a system for national quality assurance, to guarantee that the delivery of training and education is in line with the standard.
- Assessing foreign educational requirement to decide the equivalence of the said education compared with the education in South Africa.